About Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College affirms a deep belief in the potential of every individual. We embrace diversity in all its forms, fostering excellence and personal responsibility in each member of our community. Grounded in the liberal arts, our programs prepare students to look beyond boundaries, to engage their communities, and to excel in their professional endeavors.
Approved by the Southern Vermont College Board of Trustees,
September 25, 2015
Located on a mountainside campus overlooking the Green Mountains, Southern Vermont College aspires to be a model of an enlightened educational community: diverse, supportive, environmentally respectful and socially responsible. Through its career-focused liberal arts curriculum, Southern Vermont College endeavors to transform students into engaged citizens with a broad perspective of an ever-changing society. Whether students find themselves drawn to Business, Humanities, Nursing, Science and Technology or Social Sciences--the College's five academic divisions--SVC seeks to immerse students in the concept of becoming lifelong and dynamic learners. At the same time, Southern Vermont College encourages students to combine classroom learning with real life, real world experiences, through internships and learn-by-doing projects. In short, Southern Vermont College may be small in size but it is most assuredly not small in the skills and self-confidence that it strives to give its students.
Southern Vermont College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. SVC is a member of the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges.
Sara Diane Nolan, MSW
Adjunct Faculty, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
- Athletics Celebrates at Annual Awards Banquet
- President Evans a Special Guest and Moderates a Symposium at Inauguration of Franklin College's President
- Sign up Now for Online or On-Campus Summer Classes
- Veteran Journalist Mike Donoghue '71 to be Commencement Speaker
- SVC Granted Approval for Online Nursing BSN Program
- David Evans Inaugurated as Ninth President of SVC
- Introducing The Good Neighbor Scholarship for Students in Area Communities