The general core courses provide the breadth of learning necessary to meet the challenges of a lifetime of independent and creative thinking. All students at SVC are required to take the following core courses in addition to the courses required by their chosen degree programs:
Bachelor's Degree general core:
|GENERAL CORE||48 CREDITS|
|Entering into the Discussion|
|Writing Courses (two courses): Traditional: En101 English Composition I and En102 English Composition II, Advanced Option: En150 Advanced Composition and any other Cw or En course.||8|
|Introductory Bookend Courses: Fy100 Quest for Success. This course can be taken in any major. Transfer students may use an elective course to fulfill this requirement.||4|
|Exploring the Diversity|
|Humanities (two courses): Ar, Cm, Cw, En, Hu, Mu, or Ph Prefixes||8|
|Social Sciences (two courses): Cj, Hp, Py, or So Prefixes||8|
|Natural Sciences and Math (two courses): Ev, Ma, or Ns Prefixes||8|
|Career Enhancing Courses (two courses): Ac, Ba, Be, Ec, IT, or Mg; also includes En 100, En300, En303 and other courses with permission of the Provost||8|
|Advanced Bookend Course: These advanced courses in professionalization are set by each major or academic division.||4|
|Students will also . . .
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.
- Nursing Chair to Serve on VT Board of Nursing Education Committee