The general core courses provide the breadth of learning necessary to meet the challenges of a lifetime of independent and creative thinking. All students at SVC are required to take the following core courses in addition to the courses required by their chosen degree programs:
Associate's Degree general core:
|GENERAL CORE||24 CREDITS|
|Entering into the Discussion|
|Writing Courses (two courses): Traditional: En101 English Composition I and En102 English Composition II, Advanced Option: En150 Advanced Composition and any other Cw or En course.||8|
|Bookended Course: Fy100 Quest for Success. This course can be taken in any major. Transfer students may use an elective course to fulfill this requirement.||4|
|Exploring the Diversity|
|Humanities (one course): (Ar, Cm, Cw, En, Hu, Mu, or Ph Prefixes)||4|
|Social Sciences (one course): (Cj, Hp, Py, or So Prefixes)||4|
|Natural Sciences and Math (one course): (Ev, Ma, or Ns Prefixes)||4|
Students in the associate's-degree level would not have any of the additional requirements (300-level courses or Sustainability, Ethics, Human Diversity) required for the bachelor' degree.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)