HAVE YOU EVER DREAMED OF WRITING A BOOK?
Write and Publish Your Book Through the Shires Press Series: Student Book Publishing at SVC
The Series is available to all full-time SVC students through The Hunter Division of Humanities. The Series requires 4 classes, 2 of which can also count for certain Majors in Humanities or the General Core.
These courses offer students the opportunity to study the foundations of book publishing while working on their own manuscript from conception to completion. At the end of the Series, you’ll have five printed copies of your own published work, with opportunities to promote it in the retail and online marketplace.
Upon successful completion of the Series, the Northshire Bookstore will print five copies** of each student’s book and will provide them with:
- Assignment of ISBN and barcode (the commercial book ID number for each edition and variation of a book).
- Retail shelf exposure for their book, in both the Manchester Center, VT, and Saratoga Springs bookstore locations.***
- Online listing of the book on www.northshire.com.
- Royalty fees paid for any sales of book, paid twice yearly.
For more information please contact:
Jennifer Burg, Chair, The Hunter Division of Humanities
802-447-4007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule a visit or apply to SVC please contact:
Office of Admissions, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201 802-447-6300 or email@example.com
*Prerequisites for the curriculum: Successful completion of En102 or En150.
**Subsequent printing will be available on request for additional fees.
***In accordance with the Shires Press contract.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Three School Chiefs Trade Spaces for a Day
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"