HAVE YOU EVER DREAMED OF WRITING A BOOK?
Write and Publish Your Book Through the Shires Press Series: Student Book Publishing at SVC
The Series is available to all full-time SVC students through The Hunter Division of Humanities. The Series requires 4 classes, 2 of which can also count for certain Majors in Humanities or the General Core.
These courses offer students the opportunity to study the foundations of book publishing while working on their own manuscript from conception to completion. At the end of the Series, you’ll have five printed copies of your own published work, with opportunities to promote it in the retail and online marketplace.
Upon successful completion of the Series, the Northshire Bookstore will print five copies** of each student’s book and will provide them with:
- Assignment of ISBN and barcode (the commercial book ID number for each edition and variation of a book).
- Retail shelf exposure for their book, in both the Manchester Center, VT, and Saratoga Springs bookstore locations.***
- Online listing of the book on www.northshire.com.
- Royalty fees paid for any sales of book, paid twice yearly.
For more information please contact:
Jennifer Burg, Chair, The Hunter Division of Humanities
802-447-4007 or email@example.com
To schedule a visit or apply to SVC please contact:
Office of Admissions, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201 802-447-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Prerequisites for the curriculum: Successful completion of En102 or En150.
**Subsequent printing will be available on request for additional fees.
***In accordance with the Shires Press contract.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin