Tips for navigating around Moodle
- Start at SVC and click on the Moodle Link on the left side of the page (download this information here).
- Log into Moodle using your gmail user name and password.
- Now find your course.
- Find Course categories (NU360 example)
• Summer 2112
• Click on NU 360 Nursing Care of Communities.
• Click on Enroll in this course.
• You are now enrolled in this course.
• Enter the Course by clicking on the course name.
- The center of the screen is the Topic Outline Section.
• Here is where your course syllabus, assignments and other information will be located.
• Moodle courses are set up either a weekly or Module format.
- Discussion Forums
• Each course may use Discussion Forums.
• You can find them in two places:
-->Topic Outline Section or
-->On the left side of the page under Activities.
• To enter a Forum click on Learning Forums.
• The course instructor will post an initial Discussion Question you will need to answer.
• To Post to the Forum:
-->Click Add a new discussion topic.
-->Enter a Subject for your post.
-->Type in your Post. You can copy and paste from a Word program.
-->Click Post to Forum.
-->This is also how you will post replies and comments to other student’s postings.
- On the left side of the screen are three blocks: People, Activities, Administration, and My Courses.
- People is where you can see who your classmates are and email your instructor.
- Activities contains Assignments and Resources that are listed for your course.
- Assignments are where you upload your Completed Assignments.
• To turn in an Assignment click on the Assignment Name in the Assignment block.
• The available due dates will be listed for that assignment.
• Upload your Assignment from your computer. You will need to Browse for that saved file.
- Administration block contains your Grades and Profile.
• Grades will show your course points for all grades items as listed in the syllabus.
• Profile is where you can upload a photo and write a description about yourself as an SVC student.
- My Courses is where all your enrolled Moodle courses are located.
- IT and Instructor support:
SVC IT is available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. -5 p.m. at 802-447-6344 or firstname.lastname@example.org. IT does monitor the e-mails after hours. The course instructor will respond to online questions, e-mails, or phone calls within 24-48 hours.
Students are expected to respond to online discussions in a professional manner as they would in constructive face-to-face discussions.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community