Admission to DONBSN || RN to BSN || Mission || Admission || HEC || Nursing Home || Nursing Student Handbook
Nursing Programs Requirements for Entrance
Admission to the Nursing major requires: SAT scores of 500 critical reading and 500 math, completion of high school biology and chemistry courses or the college equivalent with a minimum grade of “C+”, a minimum of two years of core math recommended, and high school GPA must be a minimum of 2.8.
Students for whom English is not their primary language should contact the Office of Admissions for English proficiency requirements for the Division of Nursing.
Students who do not meet the Nursing admission criteria may be admitted with an Allied Health designation to the College. These students are enrolled in courses designed to prepare the student by strengthening their science, reading, and math foundation. This may include an additional year of science foundational courses or summer science course option.
Completion of a pre-Nursing examination is required during the time the student is in prerequisite and foundational courses, prior to progression to the first Nursing clinical course.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND APPLY NOW.
In order to be employed as a Registered Nurse (RN), the graduate of SVC must be licensed by the state in which he or she will practice. The BSN Degree enables students to apply for licensure by examination through any State Board of Nursing. Successful completion of the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) and compliance with all requirements for licensure as established by the State Board of Nursing is required for licensure as a Registered Nurse.
Upon application for licensure, the applicant must attest to each of the questions below. Answering yes to any of these questions may affect a person’s ability to obtain a Nursing license and pursue a professional nursing career.
- Has any state, territory or other jurisdiction denied your application for a license, certificate or registration in any profession or occupation?
- Has any state or federal licensing authority restricted, suspended, revoked or taken any other disciplinary action against your license, certificate or registration that you hold or held in any profession or occupation?
- Have you been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation?
- Do you have a physical or mental condition or disorder which in any way impairs or limits your ability to practice nursing with reasonable skill and safety?
- Has your use of alcohol, drugs or medications in any way impaired or limited your ability to practice nursing with reasonable skill and safety?
- Are you currently participating in a supervised program or professional assistance program which monitors you in order to assure you are not engaging in the illegal use of controlled dangerous substances?
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program