Quest for Success: The First-Year Experience Course
Quest for Success (QFS), the first-year experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Quest for Success: (see Academic Road Map, pages 18-21).
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)