Quest for Success: The First-Year Experience Course
Quest for Success (QFS), the first-year experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.