The requirements for successful completion of a baccalaureate degree include:
- 120 earned credits in a program of study, some majors may require additional earned credits beyond 120; including the general core;
- a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 (C); some majors may have higher minimum GPA requirements; and
- a minimum of 64 graded credits earned at Southern Vermont College.
Students who plan to earn a baccalaureate degree must declare their major prior to the completion of 48 credits. Students must declare a minor no later than the completion of 64 credits.
The requirements for successful completion of an associate degree include:
- 60 earned credits in a program of study;
- all 16 course requirements listed in a program of study (including general electives) successfully completed with a minimum of 3 credits per course.
- a minimum grade-point average of 2.0 (C); some majors may have higher minimum cumulative GPA requirements; and
- a minimum of 32 credits earned at Southern Vermont College.
To meet the requirements for an associate's degree, students must either be enrolled in an associate's degree program or declare their major upon earning 48 credits. A student who has exceeded 48 credits and who wishes to apply for an associate's degree must file a written appeal with the Provost.
Tom Redden, Professor of History and Politics
- US Dept of Ed Renews Funds for Support Services at SVC
- Scott Fitzgerald New Volleyball Coach
- Muffie Harvey Rides Again!
- Enrich Your Life Through Fall Classes
- James C. White II, Ph.D., Named Provost
- Graduates in Radiologic Sciences Receive 100% Pass Rate on ARRT Exam
- Nursing Division Accredited by CCNE