Southern Vermont College students wishing to study abroad are required to do so through a program sponsored by an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning.
Study abroad is recommended for the spring semester of the junior year or for the summer between the junior and senior year. Students must apply for permission to study abroad from the Provost by filing an application which identifies the course work that will be completed at the foreign institution and for which degree requirements those courses will substitute. The student should work with his or her academic advisor in selecting an appropriate study abroad program, in the selection of course work, and in identifying how the course work will be applied toward an SVC degree. A student must request a leave-of-absence for the semester he or she will be abroad.
Study abroad, the course work, and its application to an SVC degree must be approved by the Provost prior to the student leaving for the abroad semester. Approval is valid only for the semester requested. Failure to obtain approval and to make a request for a leave of absence can impact a student's financial aid status and degree progression.
Information regarding study abroad programs can be obtained from the Office of Academic Affairs.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.
- Nursing Chair to Serve on VT Board of Nursing Education Committee