Welcome to SVC from
Dean Hopkins Gross
Dear New Student,
Congratulations on selecting Southern Vermont College to pursue your academic career! At SVC, we pride ourselves on our small size and the personal attention we give to each of our students. Attending college is a life-changing endeavor, and we want to assist you with your future success. The first step on your path at SVC begins at Orientation.
One of the great advantages of Southern Vermont College is how quickly you can become familiar and comfortable with campus life. All incoming students are required to attend Orientation.
Before you arrive on campus, there are important documents that we need you to print out, fill in and send to the Dean of Students Office. Please refer to this “SVC To Do List: ALL FORMS” needed for newly admitted students. If you have any difficulty printing the forms, please contact Tammy Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-447-6323, and she will send the forms to you in the mail.
In addition to the forms that need to be returned, please review the informational links to help guide you on your journey at SVC.
Note that the official means of communication at the College is via the student SVC e-mail account. Please set up and check your e-mail frequently so that you don’t miss any announcements from your faculty members or from the College. There will also be a session on use of the SVC Web site during Orientation to answer any of your questions.
As you prepare for your first semester at SVC, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 802-447-6323 with any questions you may have. We look forward to your arrival campus!
Anne Hopkins Gross
Dean of Students
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin