20 Ways That You Can Support SVC
- Make an annual gift.
- Ask your employer if they would be willing to hire one or more interns from SVC.
- Host students and faculty members participating in a class trip.
- Encourage your friends’ and neighbors’ children to apply for admission to SVC (they can earn a scholarship in return via the Alumni Referral Scholarship Program).
- Ask your employer if they would be willing to donate new or used equipment to the College.
- Speak to a class about your area of professional expertise.
- Ask your employer if they would consider making an annual gift in support of an area of study of direct interest to the company.
- Coordinate alumni activities in your area.
- Organize a group of fellow graduates to contact state and federal legislators about the need for supporting higher education.
- Lead a small fundraising effort for your favorite academic department or division.
- Volunteer in the library or other areas of your college where your skills and experience may be helpful.
- Join the SVC Booster Club and support the Athletic Department in its efforts to improve opportunities for student-athletes.
- Keep the college updated with your address, e-mail, phone number and personal successes.
- Wear your school colors and SVC clothing to community events.
- Volunteer for the Mountaineer Alumni Admissions Program (MAAP) and represent SVC at college fairs in your area.
- Name Southern Vermont College in your will.
- Volunteer to serve on the Alumni Association Board and provide staff with feedback on all areas of the College.
- Attend Homecoming and Reunion.
- Check out the college website at least once a month.
- Volunteer to be a class agent and reach out to your classmates. You can encourage them to support the Southern Vermont College Fund and collect updates for inclusion in The Chronicle.
Jennifer Nelson, Co-Chair, Assistant Professor of Mathematics.
- Muffie Harvey Rides Again!
- Enrich Your Life Through Fall Classes
- James C. White II, Ph.D., Named Provost
- Graduates in Radiologic Sciences Receive 100% Pass Rate on ARRT Exam
- 12 Student-Athletes Receive NECC All-Conference Academic Honors
- Nursing Division Accredited by CCNE
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES