20 Ways That You Can Support SVC
- Make an annual gift.
- Ask your employer if they would be willing to hire one or more interns from SVC.
- Host students and faculty members participating in a class trip.
- Encourage your friends’ and neighbors’ children to apply for admission to SVC (they can earn a scholarship in return via the Alumni Referral Scholarship Program).
- Ask your employer if they would be willing to donate new or used equipment to the College.
- Speak to a class about your area of professional expertise.
- Ask your employer if they would consider making an annual gift in support of an area of study of direct interest to the company.
- Coordinate alumni activities in your area.
- Organize a group of fellow graduates to contact state and federal legislators about the need for supporting higher education.
- Lead a small fundraising effort for your favorite academic department or division.
- Volunteer in the library or other areas of your college where your skills and experience may be helpful.
- Join the SVC Booster Club and support the Athletic Department in its efforts to improve opportunities for student-athletes.
- Keep the college updated with your address, e-mail, phone number and personal successes.
- Wear your school colors and SVC clothing to community events.
- Volunteer for the Mountaineer Alumni Admissions Program (MAAP) and represent SVC at college fairs in your area.
- Name Southern Vermont College in your will.
- Volunteer to serve on the Alumni Association Board and provide staff with feedback on all areas of the College.
- Attend Homecoming and Reunion.
- Check out the college website at least once a month.
- Volunteer to be a class agent and reach out to your classmates. You can encourage them to support the Southern Vermont College Fund and collect updates for inclusion in The Chronicle.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."