Mary Botter, PhD, RN
chair, associate professor, the Division of nursing
Healthcare Education Center, 3rd Floor
PhD, University of Pennsylvania
MSN, University of Pennsylvania
BSN, Duke University
Information and Decision Making
Professional Role Perception and Enactment
Chemically Dependent Nurses/Impaired Professionals
High Fidelity Simulation in Nursing Education
Transition to Practice
areas of expertise
Professional Nursing Practice, Education, Administration and Regulation
Organizational Design and Evaluation
Why I teach
Teaching is the opportunity to share the love of learning with students and colleagues. It gives me joy to engage with others on their journey to achieve their potential..
The Phantom Tolbooth by Norton Juster
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
The Leadership Challenge by James Kouzes and Barry Posner
Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale
Best part of being at SVC
The privilege of participating as a member of this college community who "walk the talk" and live the SVC mission every day providing ". . . a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility."
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin