Mary Botter, Ph.D., R.N.
chair, associate professor, the Division of nursing
Healthcare Education Center, 3rd Floor
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
M.S.N., University of Pennsylvania
B.S.N., Duke University
Information and Decision Making
Professional Role Perception and Enactment
Chemically Dependent Nurses/Impaired Professionals
High Fidelity Simulation in Nursing Education
Transition to Practice
areas of expertise
Professional Nursing Practice, Education, Administration and Regulation
Organizational Design and Evaluation
Why I teach
Teaching is the opportunity to share the love of learning with students and colleagues. It gives me joy to engage with others on their journey to achieve their potential..
The Phantom Tolbooth by Norton Juster
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
The Leadership Challenge by James Kouzes and Barry Posner
Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale
Best part of being at SVC
The privilege of participating as a member of this college community who "walk the talk" and live the SVC mission every day providing ". . . a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility."
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs