Jennifer Burg, PhD
Chair, associate professor, the hunter division of humanities
Everett Mansion 352
- PhD, English, emphasis in Rhetoric and Composition, Washington State University, 2003
- MS, English, emphasis in Theory and Practice of Writing, Utah State University, 1997
- BS, Honors English, Weber State University, 1995
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- World Literature
- Introduction to Rhetoric
- Women and Rhetoric
- Humanities Senior Capstone
- Introduction to Creative Writing
academic Research/interests and areas of expertise
Rhetoric, Composition, and Popular Culture
Why I teach
My goal is always to promote students' intellectual engagement with texts of all kinds, and to help them become more perceptive readers of and articulate writers about rhetoric in their words.
April 2014 - Elected to Governing Board of the Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President