Ellen Ennis, MA
adjunct faculty, The hunter division of humanities
- MA, English, Southern Connecticut State University
- BA, English, University of Rochester
- English Composition I & II
The art and science of teaching and learning, poetry and young adult literature.
areas of expertise
Writing, learning styles and curriculum design.
Why I teach
I teach because I love learning and enjoy helping students to find the success and pleasure that come from learning.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Best part of being at SVC
SVC is a small, close community of learners who support each other. There is a positive and energizing spirit here that comes from an environment where all active learners are willing to look forward and to accept new ideas to build a stronger institution.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin