David Lindenberg, M.Ed.
part-time instructor, quest for success: the first year experience
Everett Mansion 305
- M.Ed., Reading and Literacy in the Elementary School, Walden University, 2005
- M.Ed., Special Education, Lehigh University, 1998
- B.S., Biochemistry, Lebanon Valley College, 1994
- Quest for Success: The First Year Experience
Metacognition, good study techniques and differentia
Why I teach
Interacting with the students and coming up with new ways to communicate information to them provides a constant challenge that I look forward to every day.
While I don't have a favorite book, two authors that hold a special place in my memory are Michael Crichton and Torey Hayden. Michael Crichton's books were my first realization that I could relate pleasure reading to my academic life. Torey Hayden has inspired me to take the time to try and understand situations and people, especially when situations or communication is not clear.
I like films that are based on true stories. While I can't say any one film is my favorite, I never get tired of Stand and Deliver, Rudy, Lean on Me and Patch Adams.
Best part of being at SVC
Stating that everybody cares seems a little cliché, but seeing that so many people take the time to support the people around them is absolutely remarkable.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)