David Lindenberg, M.Ed.
part-time instructor, quest for success: the first year experience
Everett Mansion 305
- M.Ed., Reading and Literacy in the Elementary School, Walden University, 2005
- M.Ed., Special Education, Lehigh University, 1998
- B.S., Biochemistry, Lebanon Valley College, 1994
- Quest for Success: The First Year Experience
Metacognition, good study techniques and differentia
Why I teach
Interacting with the students and coming up with new ways to communicate information to them provides a constant challenge that I look forward to every day.
While I don't have a favorite book, two authors that hold a special place in my memory are Michael Crichton and Torey Hayden. Michael Crichton's books were my first realization that I could relate pleasure reading to my academic life. Torey Hayden has inspired me to take the time to try and understand situations and people, especially when situations or communication is not clear.
I like films that are based on true stories. While I can't say any one film is my favorite, I never get tired of Stand and Deliver, Rudy, Lean on Me and Patch Adams.
Best part of being at SVC
Stating that everybody cares seems a little cliché, but seeing that so many people take the time to support the people around them is absolutely remarkable.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."