Donna L. McCart, M.S.
Associate Professor, the john Merck Division of Science and Technology
Everett Mansion 360
- M.S., Mathematics Education, Syracuse University, 1990
- B.A., Mathematics and Education, Syracuse University, 1988
- Associate Professor, Merck Division of Science and Technology, Southern Vermont College, 2003-present
- Mathematics Specialist, Southern Vermont College, 1991-2003
- Instructor, Mathematics, Syracuse University, 1989-1991
- Teacher, Mathematics, Fort Plain High School, 1990-1991
- College math
- College algebra
- Statistical methods
- Applied calculus
Why I teach
There is nothing better than witnessing the moment when a student finally understands a concept. I also cherish the moments when former students approach me and inform me that they actually used some aspect of the math they learned in one of my classes.
- Outstanding Service Award, Southern Vermont College, 2005
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Southern Vermont College, 1996-1997
- Vermont Educational Opportunity Programs Educator of the Year, 1995-1996
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Southern Vermont College, 1993-1994
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Best part of being at SVC
The best part of being at SVC is working with staff and faculty who are committed to meeting the educational needs of the students.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Three School Chiefs Trade Spaces for a Day
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"