Nicole A. Myers, M.A.
part-time instructor, the hunter division of humanities
- Certificate of Advanced Study, Women's Studies, University of Rhode Island
- M.A., English, State University of New York, New Paltz
- B.A., English (Writing Sequence), University at Albany, State University of New York
- English Composition I
Feminist rhetoric, gender studies, visual design including visual rhetorics
areas of expertise
Why I teach
The writing classroom is a place where one not only develops strategies for communicating their ideas and belief systems to others, but also an arena to examine where our individual and communal ideas and beliefs come from. I teach because I believe that there is power in the ability to communicate clearly and coherently with those we share this world with. Watching each new batch of students develop and release their ideas into the world lights up my life.
My favorite book really depends on the mood I am in on a certain day and what is going on in the world around me. Persepolis and Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi are my favorite graphic novels, and I always recommend them to my students, because the narrative telling of Satrapi's girlhood in Tehran combined with engaging images is a powerful reminder of the struggles we all face in today's world.
The original Star Wars trilogy tops my list of films.
Best part of being at SVC
The small campus environment is what drew me to SVC. It allows more interaction with students and generates a deeper community connection than I have felt at any other college. Of course, the view isn't too shabby either!.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community