Eileen Rice, Ph.D., M.S.N., R.N.
assistant professor, the Division of Nursing
Healthcare Education Center 304
- Ph.D., Education (with specialization in Nursing Education), Capella University, 2013
- M.S., Nursing, Pace University Leinhard School of Nursing, 1982
- B.A., Biology, Middlebury College, 1980
- Instructor, Division of Nursing, Southern Vermont College, 2006-present
- Nursing Fundamentals
- Health Assessment
- Loneliness in the Aging Adult
- Risk Stratification for Chest Pain Patients
areas of expertise
Health care access vs. insurance company rules
Most medical conditions and treatments, including the ethics of treating low-chance-of-survival illnesses
Why I teach
Nursing can be a fulfilling occupation when approached in a thoughtful manner.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- Little, Big by John Crowley
Best part of being at SVC
Interesting people interacting in a soul-mending environment.
February 2009 - Completed the three required courses offered by Indiana University - teaching in Nursing, Evaluation in Nursing and Computer Technology for Nurse Educators. Applied to sit for the certification exam in May or June.
August 2009 - Earned the designation Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)cm after meeting strict eligibility criteria and successfully completing a rigorous certification examination developed and administered by the National League for Nursing.
June 2007 - Attended the Vermont State's Attorney's Training on Intimate Partner Sexual Violence at the Sheraton in Burlington, Vt.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- Learning Cooperative Coordinator Becomes a Certified Master Reviewer
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)