Scott David Stein, M.S.
chair, Assistant Professor, the Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
Everett Mansion 360
- M.S., Psychology, Finch University of Health Sciences, 1994
- B.A., Psychology, University of Miami, 1989
- Division Chair, Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences, Southern Vermont College, 2006-present
- Instructor, Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences, Southern Vermont College, 2003-2006
- Adjunct instructor, Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences, Southern Vermont College, 1998-2003
- Adjunct faculty, Psychology Department, University of Wisconsin, 1993-1994
- Race, Ethnicity and Gender
- Child Development
- Chemical Dependency
- Lifespan Development
- Writing for the Social Sciences
Cognitive Behavioral Theory and Practice. I’m also fascinated with the impact social and environmental forces may have on the way we think and behave.
Why I teach
There is no better feeling than watching a student evolve from being a collector of information to becoming a consumer of knowledge. My all-time favorite students are those who disagree with me and provide well thought-out arguments to support their opinions.
Any movie where the characters are portrayed as struggling with their own psychological issues. A class, and one of my all-time favorites, is The Caine Mutiny.
Best part of being at SVC
The small size of the school allows me to work closely with the students. I often find myself becoming vested in the student’s success. Then, when that success happens, I know I directly contributed to his or her accomplishments.
May 2009 - Participated in the "Creative Leadership with Limited Resources" workshop in Cambridge, Mass. (sponsored by the Council of Independent Colleges).
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program