Jane Uva, M.D.
part-time instructor, the john merck division of science and technology
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- School of Public Health , State University of New York, Albany, Preventive Medicine
- Residency: Wright State university School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, Emergency Medicine
- Post-Graduate: Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- MPH, Master of Public Health, Health Care Management and Policy, Maternal and Child Health
- Medical School: Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH
- M.D., Doctor of Medicine
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University/Peabody College, Nashville, TN
- B.S., Organizational Behavior and Human Development
- Related work, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Thesis: "Adolescence Health Education"
- Anatomy and Physiology
Health education and leadership, classroom to community outreach, academic success for healthcare students
areas of expertise
Public health, health care policy, hospital compliance, health education, preventive medicine, adult emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine, occupational health, college health
Why I teach
I have always wanted to teach, and "Doctor" means to teach in Latin.
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Facing the Giants
Best part of being at SVC
The people who work here really care for students!
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)