Jane Uva, M.D.
part-time instructor, the john merck division of science and technology
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- School of Public Health , State University of New York, Albany, Preventive Medicine
- Residency: Wright State university School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, Emergency Medicine
- Post-Graduate: Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- MPH, Master of Public Health, Health Care Management and Policy, Maternal and Child Health
- Medical School: Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH
- M.D., Doctor of Medicine
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University/Peabody College, Nashville, TN
- B.S., Organizational Behavior and Human Development
- Related work, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Thesis: "Adolescence Health Education"
- Anatomy and Physiology
Health education and leadership, classroom to community outreach, academic success for healthcare students
areas of expertise
Public health, health care policy, hospital compliance, health education, preventive medicine, adult emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine, occupational health, college health
Why I teach
I have always wanted to teach, and "Doctor" means to teach in Latin.
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Facing the Giants
Best part of being at SVC
The people who work here really care for students!
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community