Sarah Valentine-Maher, M.S.N., B.S.N., F.N.P., R.N.
instructor, the division of Nursing
Healthcare Education Center
- M.S., Columbia University School of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, New York, N.Y.
- B.S., Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, N.Y.
- B.S., Biology, St. Lawrence University, Canton, N.Y. Double Major: Biology and Government, Minor: African Studies
- Nu101 Introduction to Nursing
- Nu150 Nursing Fundamentals
- Nu360 Nursing of Families, Groups and Communities
- Nu200 Psychiatric Nursing (Clinical Section)
Constructivist and concept based pedagogy in community health nursing
Pedagogical strategies for Doctor of Nursing Practice skill acquisition in health policy
Eros and Agape in nursing role development
Nursing role in affecting determinants of health
Nursing engagement with environment
Nursing and lay health workers (Promatoras de Salud)
areas of expertise
Nursing Role Development
Why I teach
I am inspired by the motivations of nursing students and am honored to support students in processes of growth and empowerment as they move into the roles of providers of care and change agents for individuals and communities.
My Antonia by Willa Cather
La Double Vie de Veronique
Best part of being at SVC
I value being part of a community with a shared ethos of prioritizing support of student development.
highlightsNovember 2012 - Presented at the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Baccalaureate Education Conference, San Antonio, TX.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)