Academic Eligibility for Federal Title IV Programs
To remain eligible for these Title IV federal student assistance programs, you must earn a specified number of credit hours and maintain a required grade point average each year. These are noted in the chart below.
Satisfactory academic progress will be evaluated at the end of the spring semester. It will be reevaluated at the end of the summer session for students who enroll in summer courses. If you fail to maintain the minimum credit hours and/or achieve the required grade-point average, you will be placed on federal financial aid probation and will have one academic year in which to earn sufficient credits or achieve the required grade-point average before losing eligibility. If you are denied federal financial aid for failure to make satisfactory academic progress, you may appeal through the Office of Financial Aid.
|Total Number of Credits Earned||Minimum Cumulative GPA*|
|23 credits or less||1.75|
*Minimum cumulative GPA required for federal and state financial
|SVC Credit Completion Requirements (per year of enrollment)|
|Enrollment Status||Minimum Earned Credits|
|Full Time (at least 12 credits attempted)||20|
The minimum earned credit requirement for students with mixed
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics