Healthcare Management and Advocacy
Southern Vermont College has established one of the country’s few Bachelor of Science degree programs in Healthcare Management and Advocacy (HMA). This course of study produces professionals who can help individuals, families, and organizations navigate the healthcare system effectively. The new program is ideal for students who are drawn to the healthcare field, but do not wish to pursue hands-on patient care and clinical study. Advocacy specialists navigate the healthcare system on a patient’s behalf.
- Program and Courses
- Practicum Experiences
- Healthcare Advocacy in the News
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Contacts
Download our Healthcare Management and Advocacy flyer (PDF version) here.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"