Healthcare Management and Advocacy
(Bachelor of Science Degree)
Southern Vermont College has established one of the country’s few Bachelor of Science degree programs in Healthcare Management and Advocacy (HMA). This course of study produces professionals who can help individuals, families, and organizations navigate the healthcare system effectively. The new program is ideal for students who are drawn to the healthcare field, but do not wish to pursue hands-on patient care and clinical study. Advocacy specialists navigate the healthcare system on a patient’s behalf.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin