THE POWER OF CHOICE:
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Southern Vermont College
9th Presidential Inauguration
David Rees Evans, Ph.D.
On Friday, December 4, Southern Vermont College will proudly and formally install President David Rees Evans.
Inauguration: A formal ceremony to mark the beginning.
- You are invited to the inauguration ceremony of Dr. Evans. We will celebrate our new president with campus events focused on community. To honor our commitment to service, we ask that you participate in or pledge to donate your time or expertise in service to your community in any way you choose before, during or after December 4th. We would be delighted if you would let us know what you hope to do, what you did do and/or what it meant to you or the recipient/s. Please also share your thoughts and well wishes for President Evans in words or photos on social media - follow us on Twitter: @svcprez.
November 30 through December 10, 2015
Faculty Symposium Displays: Southern Vermont College faculty will showcase their scholarship works for your viewing pleasure. See works representing all five academic divisions. Displays run from November 30 through December 10, 2015, Burgdorff Gallery and hallway.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Faculty Education Panel Discussion: The Power of Choice: Making a Difference: SVC in the Community, 1st floor Theatre, Everett Mansion, 2:25 pm, Reception to follow in the Burgdorff Gallery. This event is open to the public.
The Panel will discuss Southern Vermont College's commitment to students and our community. The College is dedicated to offering students diverse options to broaden their worlds, with opportunities to develop a sense of purpose, through community involvement.
Three Panelists and student moderator include:
- Corey Sylvester, Southern Vermont College student, Senior
- Thomas Redden, Ph.D., Professor of History and Politics, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences, Southern Vermont College
- Will Hansen, M.S., Adjunct Professor of Psychology, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences, Southern Vermont College
- Bruce Lee-Clark, J.D., Adjunct Professor of Forensic Science, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences, Southern Vermont College. Bruce is also an ordained Protestant minister, a local political and social activist, and teacher at the Southwest Career Development Center in Bennington.
Dinner, Inaugural Delegates & Invited Guests, 5:00 pm, Hunter Hall, Greenberg Atrium
Southern Vermont College Women's Basketball:
- Women vs. Becker College, 6:00 pm, Mountaineer Athletic Center
Southern Vermont College Men's Basketball:
- Men vs. Regis College (Mass.), 8:00 pm, Mountaineer Athletic Center
Friday, December 4, 2015[All events on this day are open to Delegates and Guests, SVC students, staff, and faculty]
Campus Community Breakfast, 8:00 am, Everett Mansion, Burgdorff Gallery
- Continental Breakfast featuring musical entertainment by Southern Vermont College students
Installation Ceremony, 3:30-5:00 pm, Bennington Center for the Arts [shuttles available to/from SVC]
Installation Reception, 5:00 pm, Bennington Center for the Arts, reception area [shuttles available to/from SVC]
Bennington Center for the Arts, Vermont Route 9 West at Gypsy Lane, Bennington.
The SVC community and all Inauguration guests are invited to attend a reception immediately following the Installation Ceremony. Please join us as we celebrate the next chapter in Southern Vermont College's history.
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Inaugural Art Opening Reception:
The Ursula McCarty and David Evans private collection of Turkish Art, 12:00-2:00 pm, Bennington Museum; reception in the Paresky Court.
Bennington Museum, 75 Main Street, Bennington
Campus Tours [per request, please email email@example.com]
Academic Procession Delegate Information:
You are invited to participate as a delegate in the academic procession. Non Southern Vermont College delegates, please provide your own academic regalia. To reserve a place in the procession and listing on the program, please respond timely to the reply card in the formal invitations OR email your full name, year of graduation (if applicable), title and affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 802-447-4678. The procession will form promptly at 3:00 pm, in the Bennington Center for the Arts' reception area.
Installation Ceremony schedule: Delegates
- 2:00 pm Robing
- 3:00 pm Lineup
- 3:30 pm Processional
- 5:00 pm Reception
Installation Ceremony: Guests
- Parking lot has limited spaces, if possible, please utilize shuttles provided from SVC to event
- Bennington Center for the Arts, Vermont Route 9, West at Gypsy Lane
- Guests, please be seated by 3:00 pm
- Reception 5:00 pm
Accommodations: Inauguration event room blocks may be found at The Four Chimneys Inn [802-447-3500] and the Best Western, Bennington [802-442-6311]. Please note: special rates are not available online - you must call each hotel - reference Southern Vermont College Inauguration.
For more information, contact Robin Yearwood at email@example.com or 802-447-4678.
Michelle Deal, Assistant Professor, The Hunter Division of Humanities