Pipelines into Partnership:
Mountaineer Scholars 2012
Overview - Pipelines into Partnership
Pipelines into Partnership is an initiative designed to support the progress of vulnerable students before and through their college experience. Pipelines also creates a replicable and scalable model that can be deployed by a wide range of sending and destination partners. The project promotes success through a four-part approach: (1) changed admissions paradigm; (2) cohort development of students and parents; (3) reciprocal feedback loop between sending and receiving institutions; and (4) quality financial aid packaging without parental borrowing.
Who are the Mountaineer Scholars?
- Of the 34 students, 32 remain enrolled at SVC.
- For the first year, 2011 Mountaineer Scholar Cohort earned cumulative GPA of 2.66CPGA verse 2.82CPGA for the collective first-year students at SVC.
- For the first semester, 2012 Mountaineer Scholar Cohort earned cumulative GPA of 2.51CPGA verse 3.01CPGA for the collective first-year students at SVC.
- The 32 Mountaineer Scholars participated in campus events an average of 14 times, compared to 6.2 times for other students. These data suggest key connections are being made and engagement fostered critical components of student retention.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.