Susan Hunter Named to SVC Board of Trustees
March 18, 2010
Susan Hunter is the newest member of the Board of Trustees at Southern Vermont College, inducted in February 2010. Hunter, a resident of Dedham, Mass., and Manchester, Vt., is a member since 2005 of the Board of Overseers for WGBH, a non-commercial television and radio broadcast station in Boston and has devoted much of her time to educational service.
“I am very pleased to welcome Susan Hunter to the Southern Vermont College Board of Trustees,” remarked SVC Board Chair Wallace Altes. “Susan brings a unique and special blend of talent and perspective to the Board and the SVC Community.”
Hunter served on the Board of St. George’s School in Newport, R.I., from 1996 to 2008. She was instrumental on the Executive Committee and Finance Committee and was Chair of the Committee on Trustees for the School. Hunter also served as Board Chair while a member of the Board of Trustees for the Dedham Country Day School from 1991 to 2004.
Hunter earned her master’s degree in social work from Rutgers University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Smith College. She is the daughter of the late Irene Hunter, a supporter of SVC whose giving catalyzed development of the College’s new living and learning center, Hunter Hall.
Hunter joins two recently inducted SVC trustees: Anita Hill, Professor of Heller School at Brandeis University, and Carmen Lawrence, Partner and Co-head of Securities Enforcement Practice, Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson in N.Y. City.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Three School Chiefs Trade Spaces for a Day
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"