New England Collegiate Conference Players of the Week
September 14, 2010
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont junior setter Hershey Canta (Bataan, Philippines) led her team to a 3-1 week while being named to the Kean University All-Tournament team. The Mountaineers defeated Cooper Union, St. Joseph’s (Brooklyn) and St. Elizabeth all in three sets, falling to host Kean 3-0. Canta was impressive from behind the back-line with 17 service aces. She tallied 73 assists (3.75per set), 19kills (1.58 kills per set), 45 digs (3.75 per set), and 17 service aces (1.42 aces per set) and four block solos.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont College junior forward Nick Haggerty (Wynantskill, N.Y.) was the key factor in the Mountaineers 1-0 victory over Castleton. This was the Mountaineers first win over Castleton since 1999. Haggerty notched the game winner in the 16th minute of play, breaking up a tough defensive battle for Southern Vermont.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President