New England Collegiate Conference Players of the Week
September 14, 2010
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont junior setter Hershey Canta (Bataan, Philippines) led her team to a 3-1 week while being named to the Kean University All-Tournament team. The Mountaineers defeated Cooper Union, St. Joseph’s (Brooklyn) and St. Elizabeth all in three sets, falling to host Kean 3-0. Canta was impressive from behind the back-line with 17 service aces. She tallied 73 assists (3.75per set), 19kills (1.58 kills per set), 45 digs (3.75 per set), and 17 service aces (1.42 aces per set) and four block solos.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont College junior forward Nick Haggerty (Wynantskill, N.Y.) was the key factor in the Mountaineers 1-0 victory over Castleton. This was the Mountaineers first win over Castleton since 1999. Haggerty notched the game winner in the 16th minute of play, breaking up a tough defensive battle for Southern Vermont.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community