SVC Class Wins Pell Grant Video Contest
May 3, 2011Well, We KNEW that we COULD!
The Association of Vermont Independent Colleges (AVIC) has announced that SVC is the winner of their Pell Grant YouTube contest, thanks to the quick-action and creativity of Professor Eric Despard’s History of Rock and Roll class, in producing a fun rap video to the tune of Queen’s “We Will Rock You.” AVIC has posted the SVC submission (and will announce the win) on its site:
and the video can also be viewed below:
Eric’s class will use the prize money to celebrate with a pizza party this week and the Financial Aid office will determine, by June 30, the incoming student who will receive the additional Pell Grant award of $1900. Thanks go to Eric and his talented class, and to all of you who viewed the video!
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs