Assistant Professor of Mathematics Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D., to be Named Secretary of the Ecological Society of America's Theory Section
August 5, 2011
Assistant Professor of Mathematics Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D., of The John Merck Division of Science and Technology, has been named Secretary of the Ecological Society of America’s (ESA) Theory section, a group of math biologists who use math tools and modeling to understand biological and ecological processes and systems. Professor Nelson will be inducted at the ESA’s Annual Meeting in Austin, TX, mid-August.
The Ecological Society of America is the country's primary professional organization of ecologists, representing over 10,000 scientists in the United States and around the world. Since its founding in 1915, ESA has diligently pursued the promotion of the responsible application of ecological principles to the solution of environmental problems through ESA reports, journals, research, and expert testimony to Congress. ESA offers a professional Certification Program for ecologists. ESA maintains a List of Certified Ecologists.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.