Staff Members Offer Workshops at VEOP Conference
September 30, 2011
On October 11, Learning Cooperative Coordinator Catherine Burns and Academic Counselor Rosalie Fox will present workshops at the Vermont Educational Opportunity Program Conference at Vermont Technical College in Randolph, Vt. - a conference for Vermont TRiO professionals.
Catherine Burns' workshop is titled "Completing the certification process for CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association)." The workshop is for tutoring coordinators. Recently, after being trained to be a reviewer for CRLA, Burns plans to share the information she gathered to help others complete the certification process.
Rosalie Fox's workshop is titled "Maximizing Social Capital: Networking as a strategy for our students' educational and professional success." The workshop will help participants build their own expertise as networkers so they can help their students shape their futures more successfully.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin