SVC Community Mourns the Loss of Selma Greenberg
October 11, 2011
|Pictured L-R: Selma Greenberg, husband Norman Greenberg, and SVC President Karen Gross|
On Oct. 8, 2011, SVC has lost one of its most remarkable friends and supporters, Selma Greenberg, wife of Norman Greenberg. We all mourn the loss of this extraordinary woman. Mrs. Greenberg exhibited grace and dignity throughout her life, and her sense of humor and warmth were always present. The Greenbergs were deep believers in SVC's mission and always reflected on the important role the college played within the Bennington community. President Karen Gross remarked, in expressing her sense of profound loss at the passing of Mrs. Greenberg, "The Greenbergs welcomed me into their home and heart when I arrived in Bennington, and I am deeply saddened that Mrs. Greenberg will no longer be with us. We extend our condolences to her husband Norman and the entire Greenberg family. Our thoughts are with them at this very difficult time, and Mrs. Greenberg's legacy of friendship and support will be with us always."
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- SVC Partners with College Steps Program
- Provost DeCiccio's Article "Dreams Can Come True" in NEBHE
- Colleges Against Cancer Club Raises Funds for Hospital Cancer Center
- Summer Course Offerings
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics