SVC Community Mourns the Loss of Selma Greenberg
October 11, 2011
|Pictured L-R: Selma Greenberg, husband Norman Greenberg, and SVC President Karen Gross|
On Oct. 8, 2011, SVC has lost one of its most remarkable friends and supporters, Selma Greenberg, wife of Norman Greenberg. We all mourn the loss of this extraordinary woman. Mrs. Greenberg exhibited grace and dignity throughout her life, and her sense of humor and warmth were always present. The Greenbergs were deep believers in SVC's mission and always reflected on the important role the college played within the Bennington community. President Karen Gross remarked, in expressing her sense of profound loss at the passing of Mrs. Greenberg, "The Greenbergs welcomed me into their home and heart when I arrived in Bennington, and I am deeply saddened that Mrs. Greenberg will no longer be with us. We extend our condolences to her husband Norman and the entire Greenberg family. Our thoughts are with them at this very difficult time, and Mrs. Greenberg's legacy of friendship and support will be with us always."
Melissa North, Instructor, Division of Nursing.
- SVC and PAVE Sponsor Events on Violence Awareness: April 21 & 24
- "Flirting with Danger" Documentary: April 22
- "Eight Ten's" - short 10-minute plays: April 24 & 25
- Humanities Showcase: April 24; Visual Arts through May 18
- Sarnoff Speech Contest: May 3
- Honors Convocation: April 29
- COMMENCEMENT 2015 SCHEDULE