SVC Community Mourns the Loss of Selma Greenberg
October 11, 2011
|Pictured L-R: Selma Greenberg, husband Norman Greenberg, and SVC President Karen Gross|
On Oct. 8, 2011, SVC has lost one of its most remarkable friends and supporters, Selma Greenberg, wife of Norman Greenberg. We all mourn the loss of this extraordinary woman. Mrs. Greenberg exhibited grace and dignity throughout her life, and her sense of humor and warmth were always present. The Greenbergs were deep believers in SVC's mission and always reflected on the important role the college played within the Bennington community. President Karen Gross remarked, in expressing her sense of profound loss at the passing of Mrs. Greenberg, "The Greenbergs welcomed me into their home and heart when I arrived in Bennington, and I am deeply saddened that Mrs. Greenberg will no longer be with us. We extend our condolences to her husband Norman and the entire Greenberg family. Our thoughts are with them at this very difficult time, and Mrs. Greenberg's legacy of friendship and support will be with us always."
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.