SVC Women's Volleyball Team to Host NECC Championships: November 4 and 5
October 18, 2011
On October 26, the Women's Volleyball team improved to 7-0 in the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) to win the programs first NECC regular season championship. The team is now a school best 28-2 and ranked 15th in the regional poll. With the regular season championship the team will now host the NECC Championships next Friday and Saturday (November 4 and 5) at the Mountaineer Athletic Center. Tentative times are 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Friday night with a 2 p.m. championship game Saturday. Check www.svcathletics.com for up-to-date athletic action.
Also, on October 26, the Men's Soccer team clinched the New England Collegiate Conference Championship when Daniel Webster tied Regis. The SVC Men's Soccer team is also unbeaten in conference play with a 6-0-1 NECC record. The regular season championship was also the Men's Soccer's first since joining the NECC. They, too, will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. After a first round, the Men's team will host a NECC semi-final on Friday, November 4, at 2 p.m.. The Men's team will finish its regular season schedule on Saturday, October 29, at home when the team honors six seniors against Wheelock College at 2:30 p.m.
Lastly, the Women's Soccer team has a chance to make its first post-season appearance in 12 years. With a win this Saturday the team will qualify for the NECC tournament. The Women's Soccer team will take on Wheelock College at noon on Everett Field as the team will also honor its senior Joellen Demers.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community