November 4, 2011
Southern Vermont College Women’s Volleyball won the New England Collegiate Conference championship, Saturday afternoon. The Mountaineers won 3-0 over second seeded Newbury College, at the Mountaineer Athletic Center, to advance to the NCAA Division III tournament.
In Men's Soccer, senior mid-fielder Noah Massucci (Craftsbury, VT) contributed on all four of the Southern Vermont goals, Friday afternoon. Massucci led the host Mountaineers to a 4-1 New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) semi-final victory, over fifth seeded Elms College. Massucci scored two second half goals and had two second half assists for the Mountaineers in the win. The Men's team will host the NECC championship game Sunday at 1 p.m.
Check out the recaps on www.svcathletics.com.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"