Provost Albert DeCiccio Presents at Conference for Peer Tutors in Writing at Florida International University
November 7, 2011
Provost DeCiccio was one of more than 100 national and even international presenters at the annual Conference for Peer Tutors in Writing held November 4-6 at Florida International University. In the presentation, entitled “From Interdependence to Independence,” DeCiccio described SVC’s course apprentices as part of a new effort to build a community of learners and to increase retention at the College. Course apprentices are upper-level students who enroll in a credit-bearing course on peer tutoring and then serve as intermediaries in courses they have previously completed successfully, helping the novice students in those courses to acquire the knowledge necessary to succeed. Provost DeCiccio was aided by Learning Cooperative Coordinator, Catherine Burns, as well as by senior and former course apprentice, Bret Clatworthy, whose youtube videos were part of his presentation. (Contact Provost DeCiccio if you would like to view a copy of the presentation.)
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community