Southern Vermont College Announces Gift from Helen Dixon Kunzelmann
December 19, 2011
The Board of Trustees at Southern Vermont College is pleased to announce that the College has received a substantial endowment gift from the late Helen Dixon Kunzelmann of Old Bennington. Mrs. Kunzelmann, who was well known for her many contributions to and affection for the Bennington community, died June 15, 2011, at the age of 93.
Mrs. Kunzelmann was a graduate of the Dana Hall School and Vassar College and is survived by her two grandchildren, Christopher Ely Kunzelmann and Laura Kunzelmann Hastings, and five great-granddaughters.
This endowment gift will be distributed to the College over a period of several years, commencing in December 2011. The income from The Helen Dixon Kunzelmann Endowment is designed to enable the College to pursue its educational goals and will provide support for initiatives at SVC that will further its capacity to serve its students and facilitate their success in higher education, including through student scholarships.
“We are deeply honored by this remarkable and generous gift from Mrs. Kunzelmann. It is reflective of her belief in Southern Vermont College’s bright future and the role of the College within the Bennington community she so loved,” SVC President Karen Gross said. “Endowment gifts like this are institutionally transformative and provide both short- and long-term benefits to the College. I look forward to sharing the College’s ongoing plans for this gift with Mrs. Kunzelmann’s grandchildren as, together, we honor their grandmother’s legacy.”
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)