Southern Vermont College Dean of Students Elected Vermont State Director for NASPA
February 23, 2012
Anne Hopkins Gross, Dean of Students at Southern Vermont College, has been elected as the Vermont State Director for the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA). Hopkins Gross, who has served as Professional Competencies Representative for NASPA for the last two years, will serve as director for two years. “I am looking forward to working with my colleagues from across the state of Vermont to build upon the good work that we do in order to enrich our students’ experiences, said Hopkins Gross.”
NASPA is the leading association for the advancement, health, and sustainability of the student affairs profession. The organization serves a wide range of professionals who provide programs, experiences, and services that cultivate student learning and success. Founded in 1919, NASPA has more than 12,000 members throughout the world. Members serve a variety of functions and roles, including the vice president and dean for student life, and professionals working within housing and residence life, student unions, student activities, counseling, career development, orientation, enrollment management, racial and ethnic minority support services, and retention and assessment.
As Dean of Students at SVC, Hopkins Gross is responsible for the leadership of the Student Life Offices which oversees housing and residential life, counseling and health services, student activities and leadership development, conduct and campus safety and other related programs to strengthen the experiences of undergraduate students.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin