Southern Vermont College Dean of Students Elected Vermont State Director for NASPA
February 23, 2012
Anne Hopkins Gross, Dean of Students at Southern Vermont College, has been elected as the Vermont State Director for the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA). Hopkins Gross, who has served as Professional Competencies Representative for NASPA for the last two years, will serve as director for two years. “I am looking forward to working with my colleagues from across the state of Vermont to build upon the good work that we do in order to enrich our students’ experiences, said Hopkins Gross.”
NASPA is the leading association for the advancement, health, and sustainability of the student affairs profession. The organization serves a wide range of professionals who provide programs, experiences, and services that cultivate student learning and success. Founded in 1919, NASPA has more than 12,000 members throughout the world. Members serve a variety of functions and roles, including the vice president and dean for student life, and professionals working within housing and residence life, student unions, student activities, counseling, career development, orientation, enrollment management, racial and ethnic minority support services, and retention and assessment.
As Dean of Students at SVC, Hopkins Gross is responsible for the leadership of the Student Life Offices which oversees housing and residential life, counseling and health services, student activities and leadership development, conduct and campus safety and other related programs to strengthen the experiences of undergraduate students.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community