Provost Albert DeCiccio to Speak at Southern Vermont Educators Symposium
March 6, 2012
Provost Albert DeCiccio will speak at the Southern Vermont Educators Symposium at Maple Street School in Manchester on Friday, March 16. His topic will be "Transforming the Curriculum through Course Apprentices." This workshop will present an initiative using students to differentiate curriculum for other students. Part of a new effort to transform teaching and learning at Southern Vermont College, course apprentices are upper-level students who enroll in a credit-bearing course on tutoring and then serve as intermediaries in this process, helping novice students acquire the knowledge necessary to succeed in their courses. This model can be used in the elementary and high school classrooms.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community