Southern Vermont College Admissions Senior Assistant Director Presents at New England Association for College Admission Counseling
June 28, 2012
Daniel Summers II, Senior Assistant Director of Admissions at Southern Vermont College (SVC) in Bennington, Vt., and a resident of North Adams, Mass., recently spoke at the New England Association for College Admission Counseling Annual Meeting and Conference. Summers’ presentation was titled “Small by Design: Recruitment Strategies for Colleges with Less than 1,000 Students,” which was co-presented with Jessica Nelson, Assistant Director of Admissions at Marlboro College. The Conference took place at the University of New England in Biddeford, Maine.
More than 600 college admission and high school guidance professionals from across New England attended the Conference. Summer’s talk focused on admission marketing, territory management, limited resources and collaboration among other institutions. “When a higher education institution has fewer than 1,000 students, admissions professionals have to wear many hats while being creative, flexible and community-minded,” Jeremy Gibbons, SVC’s Director of Admissions, said. “Dan did an excellent job representing SVC and sharing with our colleagues some of the amazing things we are doing at SVC to increase enrollment.”
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs