Southern Vermont College Admissions Senior Assistant Director Presents at New England Association for College Admission Counseling
June 28, 2012
Daniel Summers II, Senior Assistant Director of Admissions at Southern Vermont College (SVC) in Bennington, Vt., and a resident of North Adams, Mass., recently spoke at the New England Association for College Admission Counseling Annual Meeting and Conference. Summers’ presentation was titled “Small by Design: Recruitment Strategies for Colleges with Less than 1,000 Students,” which was co-presented with Jessica Nelson, Assistant Director of Admissions at Marlboro College. The Conference took place at the University of New England in Biddeford, Maine.
More than 600 college admission and high school guidance professionals from across New England attended the Conference. Summer’s talk focused on admission marketing, territory management, limited resources and collaboration among other institutions. “When a higher education institution has fewer than 1,000 students, admissions professionals have to wear many hats while being creative, flexible and community-minded,” Jeremy Gibbons, SVC’s Director of Admissions, said. “Dan did an excellent job representing SVC and sharing with our colleagues some of the amazing things we are doing at SVC to increase enrollment.”
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin
- Sarah Lampro Defies Death Valley for 100-Mile JDRF Bike Ride
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC