Healthcare Forum on "Patient Safety and Quality - It is a Matter of Life and Death" at Southern Vermont College
October 2, 2012
Billie Lynn Allard, R.N., M.S., Director of Education and Organizational Development at Southwestern Vermont Health Care (SVHC) in Bennington, will speak on “Patient Safety and Quality – It is a Matter of Life and Death” on Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Southern Vermont College. The presentation will take place in the Everett Mansion Theatre from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., and the general public is invited to attend.
At SVHC, Allard re-engineered a program which focused on the creation of patient safety, quality and teamwork. She led strategic planning retreats with the Education and Clinical Nurse Specialist team to support system strategic goals for the Institute of Medicine report for nursing. Prior to SVHC, Allard was Vice President of Patient Care Services and Director of Emergency Nursing Services at North Adams Regional Hospital.
Allard is a member of the Clinical Issues Advisory Council at the Massachusetts Hospital Association, the Western Regional Committee at Massachusetts Organization of Nurse Executives, American Organization Nurse Executives, Mountain One Financial Services and on the Advisory Board Committee at Berkshire Community College. She received a Master of Science degree in Nursing from Russell Sage College, an Associate in Science degree in Nursing from Berkshire Community College and a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Growth and Development from University of Massachusetts.
This healthcare forum is sponsored by the Division of Nursing at Southern Vermont College. For more information, call 802-447-4661 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)
- President Gross's Comment to National Journal Article
- Professor Gorham is a Vermont Rising Star