Catherine McKeen Appointed Director of Center for Teaching and Learning at Southern Vermont College
October 22, 2012
Catherine McKeen has joined the staff at Southern Vermont College (SVC) as the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). McKeen will oversee the CTL, which is funded in part by a federal TRiO grant. The TRiO program, which traces its genesis to the 1964 Educational Opportunity Act, is designed to provide educational access and academic support services for first-generation, lower-income students, and students with documented learning disabilities. The CTL offers tutoring, academic advising, and support for students with learning differences, and its services are available and free to all SVC students. The CTL has expanded its reach by providing support and development opportunities to teaching faculty at the College.
Prior to her position at SVC, McKeen held visiting teaching positions at Skidmore College, Bennington College, Clark University, and Williams College. She held a tenured position in philosophy at the State University of New York at Brockport, and was the Chair of Women’s and Gender Studies, interim Chair of the Philosophy Department, and interim Director of Philosophic Exchange at SUNY Brockport.
McKeen earned a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Rutgers University and a graduate certificate in Women’s Studies from Rutgers. She also holds an M.A. in Philosophy from Washington University and a B.A. in Philosophy from Wellesley College in Massachusetts.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."