Jeremy Gibbons, Director of Admissions at Southern Vermont College, Becomes President-Elect of Consortium of Vermont Colleges
November 2, 2012
Jeremy Gibbons, Director of Admissions at Southern Vermont College, has been selected President-elect of the Consortium of Vermont Colleges (CVC), which is a two-year voluntary appointment. CVC comprises of admissions representatives from Vermont Higher Education Council member institutions. CVC’s mission is to collaborate in promoting the wealth and diversity of higher education opportunities in Vermont and to highlight the attractiveness of the state of Vermont as an ideal setting for a college experience. More information about the Consortium of Vermont Colleges is available at www.vtcolleges.org.
Gibbons will work closely with admissions officers from across the state to promote the work of CVC and represent the organization to external constituencies. Gibbons said, “It is an honor and a privilege to have been nominated and elected by my colleagues to serve in this leadership position. The CVC is an amazing organization that promotes collaboration among Vermont colleges, and I look forward to serving in this role over the next two years.” Gibbons has been active in the CVC for five years, including as chair and participating on the Annual Bus Tour Committee. In 2011, he was a presenter on the Admissions Committee Panel at the 12th Annual Vermont School and Admission Counselors’ Workshop.
For five years, Gibbons has been working in the Office of Admissions at Southern Vermont College, starting as an assistant director, then associate director and eventually earning the position as director. In 2011, he was selected to participate in the Enrollment Leadership Academy (ELA), a professional development program formed by the College Board. The ELA was a year-long program which focused on leadership skills, enrollment management issues and development of the next generation of enrollment leaders. In May 2010, Gibbons received the Outstanding Service Award at Southern Vermont College. Currently, Gibbons is a member of the New England Association for College Admission Counseling and the National Association for College Admission Counseling. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Castleton State College and is currently enrolled part time in the Master of Science program in Higher Education Administration at Bay Path College.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community