Welcome Back President Gross!
January 18, 2013
Southern Vermont College celebrates the return of President Karen Gross on January, 22, 2013! Karen has been on leave from the College since January 15, 2012, having served as Senior Policy Advisor to the US Department of Education in Washington, DC. While in Washington, Karen worked on a variety of initiatives to promote educational success for students across the nation, including programs to assist returning service members and first generation college students complete their undergraduate education. Students, faculty, alumni and the Bennington community are invited to lively and engaging discussions with Karen about her experiences within the Beltway. Stay tuned for dates for both informal drop-in “Conversations with Karen,” and more formal presentations. She will also be walking the campus and visiting downtown Bennington upon her return to meet, greet and listen to campus and community members.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin