Lecture on Peace and Civility at Southern Vermont College
January 28, 2013
A lecture on peace and civility in relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech of hope and racial equality will be held at Southern Vermont College (SVC) on Tuesday, February 5. Free and open to the public, the lecture will take place in the College’s Everett Theatre at 2:20 p.m. followed by a reception in the Burgdorff Gallery.
The lecture will be presented by Dr. Thomas Redden, Professor of History and Politics, and Dr. Joan Sakalas, Adjunct Professor, both faculty members from The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences at SVC. Drs. Redden and Sakalas will address Dr. King’s dream of a peaceful community and civic engagement through service and social justice.
For more information on this event, contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at 802-447-4667 or email@example.com.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.