Lecture on Peace and Civility at Southern Vermont College
January 28, 2013
A lecture on peace and civility in relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech of hope and racial equality will be held at Southern Vermont College (SVC) on Tuesday, February 5. Free and open to the public, the lecture will take place in the College’s Everett Theatre at 2:20 p.m. followed by a reception in the Burgdorff Gallery.
The lecture will be presented by Dr. Thomas Redden, Professor of History and Politics, and Dr. Joan Sakalas, Adjunct Professor, both faculty members from The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences at SVC. Drs. Redden and Sakalas will address Dr. King’s dream of a peaceful community and civic engagement through service and social justice.
For more information on this event, contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at 802-447-4667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community