Lecture on Peace and Civility at Southern Vermont College
January 28, 2013
A lecture on peace and civility in relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech of hope and racial equality will be held at Southern Vermont College (SVC) on Tuesday, February 5. Free and open to the public, the lecture will take place in the College’s Everett Theatre at 2:20 p.m. followed by a reception in the Burgdorff Gallery.
The lecture will be presented by Dr. Thomas Redden, Professor of History and Politics, and Dr. Joan Sakalas, Adjunct Professor, both faculty members from The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences at SVC. Drs. Redden and Sakalas will address Dr. King’s dream of a peaceful community and civic engagement through service and social justice.
For more information on this event, contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at 802-447-4667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.