Vermont Reads Program Features Community Discussions on "Poetry 180: A Turning Back to Poetry"
March 27, 2013
Southern Vermont College (SVC) and The Hiland Hall School have been collaborating on events in March and April for this year’s Vermont Reads book selection, “Poetry 180: A Turning Back to Poetry,” an anthology of inviting, contemporary poems selected by former US Poet Laureate, Billy Collins. The 2013 Vermont Reads program is sponsored by the Vermont Humanities Council. “Poetry 180” aspires to compel people to read, recite, and, most of all, enjoy poetry.
On Tuesday, April 2, Southern Vermont College will host an event, entitled “Favorite Poem Community Reading.” Members of the audience will have an opportunity to read aloud a poem of their choice and to listen to those that others read. The event, from 7 to 8:30 p.m., will take place in the College’s Everett Mansion Theatre. A reception will follow in the Burgdorff Gallery, where Vermont Reads drawings by students in Barbara Ackerman’s Digital Arts class from Mount Anthony Union High School will be on display. The Everett Theatre at SVC is ADA accessible.
On March 4, The Hiland Hall School hosted a book group discussion, entitled “Poetry 180: A Turning Back to Poetry.”
The Vermont Reads Program is “A Statewide, One-book Community Reading Program,” sponsored by the Vermont Humanities Council. To learn more information about this program and other programs offered by Vermont Humanities Council, go to http://www.vermonthumanities.org. The public is invited to the event on April 2, which is free. For more information, contact SVC’s Reference Librarian Andrea Robare at 802-447-6311 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs