Jeremy Gibbons, Director of Admissions at Southern Vermont College, to Serve on New England Regional Council of the College Board
March 6, 2013
Jeremy Gibbons, Director of Admissions at Southern Vermont College, has been elected to serve on the New England Regional Council of the College Board. Gibbons will represent the state of Vermont for a three-year term.
"I'm excited to be representing Vermont on the Regional Council and look forward to working with colleagues from across New England," said Gibbons.
The New England Regional Council provides a forum through which College Board members can discuss matters of mutual concern; improve communications across the education spectrum; evaluate and promote the use of College Board programs, services and activities; and advise the regional office on education issues, needs in the region, and regional positions on national issues.
Last fall, Gibbons, who has been at SVC for five years, was selected as President-elect of the Consortium of Vermont Colleges (CVC), which is a two-year appointment. CVC includes admissions representatives from Vermont Higher Education Council member institutions.
Currently, Gibbons is a member of the New England Association for College Admission Counseling and the National Association for College Admission Counseling. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Castleton State College and is currently enrolled in the Master of Science program in Higher Education Administration at Bay Path College.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President