Healthcare Forum with SVMC Hospitalist Dr. Joshua Sherman at Southern Vermont College
March 21, 2013
Back by popular demand, Dr. Joshua Sherman, Hospitalist at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington, will speak at Southern Vermont College’s Everett Mansion Theatre on Thursday, April 4, at 5:30 p.m. The title of his lecture is “This is Dr. Sherman, Returning a Page." The general public is welcome to attend this event at no charge.
Dr. Sherman will discuss the importance of effective communication, the risks of miscommunication, and the benefits of a patient-centered approach to conflict resolution among healthcare providers.
This healthcare forum is sponsored by the Division of Nursing at Southern Vermont College, and is part of the College’s healthcare series that promotes conversation and discussion about health and wellness.
Dr. Sherman earned his M.D. from Stony Brook School of Medicine, and completed his medical residency at Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York.
For more information, call 802-447-4661 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin