Basketball Tournament "Shots for Tots" at Southern Vermont College
March 19, 2013
The Nursing Student Organization at Southern Vermont College (SVC) will host a 3-on-3 basketball tournament “Shots for Tots” on Sunday, April 14, starting at 11:30 a.m. in the Mountaineer Athletic Center on campus. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The Bennington community is invited to participate in the tournament along with SVC students, faculty and staff. The tournament requires that each team be co-ed, and groups from SVC can only have one eligible basketball player per team. Each team should have four participants, which includes a substitute player.
SVC's new Men's Basketball Coach Dan Engelstad will be participating in the event as will other SVC coaches. "It's great to see the Nursing Student Organization using the game of basketball to help raise funds for St. Jude's," commented Engelstad. "I'm excited to see the event's turnout and know that everyone is going to enjoy a fun day of hoops."
Registration is $5 per student and $8 per community member. Participants must be 17 years or older. Prizes will be awarded for the team with the best uniforms. T-shirts and snacks will be available for purchase at the event.
Sign-in begins at 11 a.m. on April 14. Players can submit their registration fee at that time.
Southern Vermont College offers two fully accredited academic Nursing programs that prepare graduates for careers as registered professional nurses.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community