Online Classes Among Southern Vermont College Summer Course Offerings
May 22, 2013
Southern Vermont College (SVC) is offering a variety of classes to choose from this summer for academic credit or for personal enrichment, including 19 online courses.
Courses include Fundamentals of Academic Computing (a hands-on introduction to using computers) and Health Assessment. In addition, a Healthcare Management and Advocacy Certificate course (for two credits) will be offered from June 10 to June 15.
In College Algebra, students will extend the basic algebraic principles of solving and graphing linear equations, quadratic equations, and inequalities. Students should have a working knowledge of basic algebra before taking this course.
In Medical Microbiology, students will study medically-relevant microorganisms and their role in health disease. In Health Assessment, students will learn to conduct well-organized patient assessments on individuals across the lifespan, building on skills developed in prior course work.
For college students home for the summer, core classes will be available online, including College Algebra, English Composition II, US History Since 1945, and Human Biology.
A complete listing of summer courses, including days and times when classes meet, may be viewed online at www.svc.edu/registrar/schedule_summer_2013.pdf. The cost for a four-credit course is $1,600 (the cost is different for some professional courses, such as those in nursing and radiologic sciences). Most of the courses may be audited for no credit at $400 (on a space-available basis). Alumni with a bachelor’s degree from SVC and alumni from the College of St. Joseph College are eligible to take classes for $250 per credit.
For more information or to register for classes, contact the Registrar’s Office at 802-447-6324 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on the Healthcare Management and Advocacy Certificate course, contact Professor Barry Flanary at 802-447-4312 or e-mail email@example.com.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs