SVC Students in Colleges Against Cancer Club Raise Funds for SVMC Cancer Center
June 2, 2013
Southern Vermont College student-members of Colleges Against Cancer (CAC) raised $1,200 which was presented to the Cancer Center at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC). The money was used to purchase two television sets and gift cards for items to be used in the Center’s garden and for patients. The students, with CAC advisor and SVC Assistant Dean of Students Mike Goodwin, sponsored several events during the academic year to raise the funds. Shown from left to right are: Theresa Keefer, SVMC Research Program Director, Cancer Center; students Stephanie Pelletier, Kelsey Richards, and Shawnee Webster; Maria Jones, LPN, and Lindsey Carmody, Administrative Assistant, Cancer Center; student Sinea Kiley; Kristin Donovan, Medical Records Clerk/Patient Coordinator, Cancer Center; students Kaitlin McGrath, Nicole Bachelder, and Megan Wojciechowski; and Jodi Harwood, Financial Advisor, Cancer Center.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community