SVC Students in Colleges Against Cancer Club Raise Funds for SVMC Cancer Center
June 2, 2013
Southern Vermont College student-members of Colleges Against Cancer (CAC) raised $1,200 which was presented to the Cancer Center at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC). The money was used to purchase two television sets and gift cards for items to be used in the Center’s garden and for patients. The students, with CAC advisor and SVC Assistant Dean of Students Mike Goodwin, sponsored several events during the academic year to raise the funds. Shown from left to right are: Theresa Keefer, SVMC Research Program Director, Cancer Center; students Stephanie Pelletier, Kelsey Richards, and Shawnee Webster; Maria Jones, LPN, and Lindsey Carmody, Administrative Assistant, Cancer Center; student Sinea Kiley; Kristin Donovan, Medical Records Clerk/Patient Coordinator, Cancer Center; students Kaitlin McGrath, Nicole Bachelder, and Megan Wojciechowski; and Jodi Harwood, Financial Advisor, Cancer Center.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin